Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shit TV

Story from Courier Mail

Excerpt:
A QUEENSLAND disability advocacy group yesterday demanded controversial Australian Idol judge Kyle Sandilands be sacked unless he apologised publicly for referring to a contestant as a "mong".

The Down Syndrome Association of Queensland said the use of the term by the shock jock during Sunday's show was offensive and deplorable.
Sandilands referred to Brisbane singer/songwriter Bobby Flynn as a "full mong" while commenting on his performance.


I'd go one step further and say Idol should be banned altogether.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on! You LOVE it! I'm with Kyle... he DID look like a Mong. What is that guy smoking?

Tue Oct 03, 10:51:00 am  
Blogger jnturnbull said...

Well to be fair, I don't watch the show or I might have a different opinion based on the context.

I'm just Idol bashing in the same vein as the BB06 bashers with 'the incident'.

Carry on.

Tue Oct 03, 11:16:00 am  
Blogger I Am Man I Am You. said...

This is the first year I've watched longer than 2 minutes of Idol (and were it not for my flatmate, I would have stuck to my zero tolerence policy) and I want Bobby to go all the way. I didn't see or hear the comment but I'm betting none of them guessed he was paying homage to Annie Lennox's Freddie Mercury Tribute performance. We already know Kyle falls under the non-creative garbage banner, so anything he says should be instantly dismissed.

Wed Oct 04, 08:21:00 am  
Blogger jnturnbull said...

For the zero-tolerant amongst us - what song was he monging?

Wed Oct 04, 08:45:00 am  
Blogger I Am Man I Am You. said...

Under Pressure

Wed Oct 04, 02:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home